ViewSonic Products Warranty Period
|Products||DOA protection period||Warranty terms|
||within 30days from the purchase date||39 months on-site warranty including parts, labor & delivery.|
|LCD Display||within 30days from the purchase date||39 months on-site warranty including parts, labor & delivery. |
1. The Q196wb entitled 3 years warranty.
|Projectors||within 14days from the purchase date|
2 years carry-in limited warranty including parts and labor. (1 year or 700 hours warranty on lamp)
The projector purchase from Dec 2011 can entitle upgraded warranty service:
3 years on site limited warranty including parts and labour. (original lamp for projector is guaranteed 1 year or 2500 working hours whichever comes first)
Note: The lamp is a consumable part of the projector, ViewSonic only provide free warranty service in case of no light and does not work. Dimming, aging, or any damaged caused by the external environment are not cover by the warranty
|LCD TV||within 14days from the purchase date||2 years on-site warranty with 1 year parts.|
1. The VT2430-G entitled 39months on-site warranty. (include LCD panel)
2. The VT242D entitled 39months warranty
- 1st year on-site service (include parts & labour)
- 13th – 39th months carry-in service (include labour, exclude parts)
|Smart Display||within 7days from the purchase date||1 year on-site warranty including parts, labor & delivery.|
|Commercial Display||within 14days from the purchase date||3 years on-site warranty including parts & labor.|
|Media Player||within 7days from the purchase date||1 year carry-in warranty including parts and labor.|
|Tablet PC||within 7days from the purchase date (Please refer "Tablet DOA guideline"details as follow)||1 year carry-in warranty including parts and labor.|
|All in one PC||within 15days from the purchase date||1 year carry-in warranty including parts and labor.|
|Netbook||within 14days from the purchase date||1 year carry-in warranty including parts and labor.|
|High Definition Digital TV Receiver||within 30days from the purchase date||18months carry-in warranty including parts and labor.|
|Power Station||within 7days from the purchase date||1 year carry-in warranty including parts and labor.|
Customer must be present the following documents upon requesting the repair service.
1. Original purchase invoice
2. Barcode (including serial number) printed on the attached label affixed ouside carton box.
|Keyboard & Mouse||within 7days from the purchase date||1 year carry-in warranty including parts and labor.|
|Others||Please direct contact reseller||Please direct contact reseller|
1. ViewSonic Hong Kong Limited agrees to provide repair service for the above listed article during the effective period as stated.
2. Repair service will include the cost of labor and all replacement parts required for the proper functioning of the above mentioned article but exclude the connecting cord, accessories and cabinet.
3. The warranty is effective from the purchase date and valid for the first consumer purchaser only.
4. All clients should register your newly purchased ViewSonic products immediately to enjoy the right of the any product maintenance. (On-line registration site http://www.hk.viewsonic.com/register/)
5. Customer must present the original purchase invoice for repair service verification.
6. ViewSonic's on-site pick up and delivery service do not include real time product inspection service, if customer request product inspection service, please bring/ collect your goods at service centre.
7. Should client's machine located at outlying islands requires maintenance service, the client shall be responsible for transporting the unit to our customer service centre, and pick up at the same location.
8. ViewSonic will not provide free warranty service within warranty period if any damage under "Warranty does not cover" situation, client need to bear inspection expense fee HK$250 (including labor & transportation) and parts expense by this situation. (Please read the article "What the warranty does not cover" for details)
9. The maintenance service excluding disassemble service, client shall be responsible for any disassemble work if the product installed in the high place or wall.
10. ViewSonic Hong Kong Limited reserves the right of final decisions.
What the warranty does not cover
1. Overdue warranty period
2. Any product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
3. Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
4. Removal, installation, and set-up service charges, including wall-mounting of product.
- Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by ViewSonic.
- Any damage of the product due to shipment.
- Removal or installation of the product.
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting ViewSonic's specifications.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
- If customer requires repair service for his product located on outlying islands, the customer shall be at his own expenses responsible for transporting the product to ViewSonic Customer Service Centre and collecting it from the same centre after the service.
- Damage caused by static (non-moving) images displayed for lengthy periods of time (also referred to as image burn-in).
- The version of the software pre-loaded in the same product may vary in different countries, the customer should not download any upgrade firmware from other countries.
Remarks: All overdue warranty period or damage caused by the above situation, customer need to responsible for all maintenance cost including the inspection fee, parts and delivery charges.
This article has detail describes the terms and conditions of DOA protection.
1. All customers should register your newly purchased ViewSonic products immediately to enjoy the right of the any product maintenance. (On-line registration site http://www.hk.viewsonic.com/register/)
2. The valid DOA protection period is effective from the purchase date, client can contact our customer service to apply DOA protection, and customer is required to provide invoice as purchase evidence. ((Please read the warranty period article "DOA protection period" for details)
3. The package box and the product's appearance must maintain good condition, no scratches or damage, otherwise ViewSonic just provide repair service.
4. ViewSonic will depend on the situation to determine whether accept the replacement requirement.
5. During the holiday or non office hours period, if customer purchased ViewSonic products and conforms to above regulations, please send the relevant information by email to our customer service firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your application within the valid DOA protection period.
6. ViewSonic Hong Kong Limited reserves the right of final decisions.
LCD Display pixel criteria
ViewSonic is committed to customer satisfaction by providing the highest quality products in the industry. The result is that our LCD displays generally have very few non-performing pixels. For example, an 18" SXGA (1280 x 1024) display has nearly 4 million sub-pixels. A product exhibiting 7 non-performing pixels would equate to an extremely small 0.00018 percent of the total sub-pixels.
(1280 Horizontal Pixels) * (1024 Vertical Pixels) * (3 sub-pixels per pixel) = 3,932,160 sub-pixels
[(7 non-performing pixels) / (3,932,160 sub-pixels)] * 100% = 0.00018%
To ensure the highest performing displays, ViewSonic sets limits as to the allowable number of pixel anomalies. This policy applies to all ViewSonic LCD displays during the DOA protection period within Hong Kong.
Terms and Conditions
- All ViewSonic LCD Monitors found to have a bright dot or a dark dot (please see description below on Pixel Defect Criteria) will be replaced if found to be defective within DOA protection period.
- Should your LCD Monitor exhibit a Pixel Defect please contact your reseller or ViewSonic.
|Display Size||15"-17"||18"-19"||20" or above|
|Bright dot||3 dots|
|Dead dot||3 dots|
|Bright dot & Dead dot total||3 dots|
It is possible that any replacement display may also have some non-performing sub-pixels. This should be considered when requesting a warranty exchange.
ViewSonic Tablet/Smart Display DOA guideline*
DOA replacement definitions
*ViewSonic Hong Kong Limited reserves the right of final decisions.
- Customer invoice within 7 days.
- DOA machine need full packing with all accessories, any missing accessories will not accepted. Any missing accessories will be charged, details listed below:
- Full set battery charge x 1 ($300)
- USB cable x 1 ($60)
- HDMI cable x 1 ($100)
- Packing Box x 1 ($200)
- User menu x 1 ($50)
- Functional damage will include in the DOA case.
- The compatibility with third party software is not under DOA condition.
- Physical damage is not accepted in the DOA case. (Panel broken, scratchs of the machine)
- ViewSonic ViewBook VB730 found to have more than 3 bright dot or dead dot will be acceptedin the DOA case.
*Changes may be periodically made to these terms and conditions, the revised terms described
or illustrated in these terms and conditions are subject to possible changes without prior notice.